Monday, September 18, 2017

Art and Design


In a "Still Life" painting the elements of art used is line, which is used to define edges, value, which is the darkness or lightness of a color and can be measured through the use of a value scale, and texture, this refers to the way an object feels to the touch or looks as it may feel if it were touched. I got this information from "The Virtual Instructor" . I used line when I contoured the image of the bracelet, also when I added value to the shadows of the bracelet. When using value I made the the lines closer together when the image had darker areas and where the image is lighter I made the lines further apart. I used texture where on pedals, also in the leafs. The size of the brush tool and controlling the value scale of my image is easy when knowing how to use it. Keeping the thin lines closer together leads to the value being darker. Having the lines apart making the value lighter. The most enjoyable part of this painting project would be when we contoured because I was focused on doing one thing and not worrying about anything else. The part I found boring is the texture and making repetitive lines, which I got used to doing, because I was clicking the same buttons most of the time. Overall, this project was really fun.
This picture was taken during our evacuation drill behind Mahelona. The difference between this landscape image and the still life image is the use of value. In the landscape image there is more vivid values, whereas , in the still life image where the values are not as smooth. Texture in both images are really different because in the still life there is texture using lines, but in the landscape the texture looks smudged and evenly distributed. Some similarities would be the use of lines. Even though the lines are being used in fairly different ways there is lines being used.  Going through the process I used more of the steps from the second video, but I still followed some steps from the first video. The technique I used made the image look more like a water color painting with some pencil markings.

The portrait I am using is a photo of my girlfriend and I at the pool at her apartment. This photo means a lot to me because she's one of the most important people in my life. Elements of Art is being used in this mix portrait. For example, lines are being used to contour the left part of  the photo, shape is used to identify the object or person, form and texture is being used to show the form and feeling of the photo if it were to be touched, value, space, and color keeps the photo more intriguing to the viewer. After viewing my results I agree with most of the results. I disagree with the "Novice" for my still image. I am happy that most of the results especially my mix image being mostly "Expert". My landscape image got the most votes for professional, which was 21, and I am super happy that others thought that my work is looking professional.


TAGS:
ACO 3.1 Analyze how elements and principles of design in various forms of media are applied to communicate to a specific audience. Elements of Art: Space, Line, Color, Shape, Texture, Form, Value.
ACO 3.2 Critique how the effective integration of elements and principles of design within a variety of medium impact target audiences. Gestalt Theory: Similarity, Continuation, Closure, Proximity, Figure and ground
ACO 3.3 Apply elements and principles of design to clarify, focus, or enhance a message or concept for a target audience. Principles of Design: Scale, Proportion, Unity, Balance, Harmony, Contrast, Repetition, Variety, Emphasis)

No comments:

Post a Comment