Tuesday, October 17, 2017

Workplace Safety




The project goal of the safety video was to show proper sitting, standing, and usage of stairs. My teammates, Michael and Tara, are very friendly and fun people to work with. I'm happy I got to be in their group. In the group, we had similar roles to contribute which was filming each other's scenes and helping create the script and visual plan. I feel like I deserve recognition for giving my best effort because I directed most of the scenes and gave some good ideas. My team also gave their best effort and I couldn't have come up with the ideas without them.
The biggest "takeaway" in this project would be the stair scene where Michael falls down the stairs because after our video played the audience remembered that particular scene. I learned more about communication in developing this video because when there was a new scene we would talk to each other about what angle would look better in the video and how each actor would react in the ways appropriate to the audio being said. Our highest score was on "Entertainment Value" and I agree with this because even my teammates laughed at some parts of the video. Our lowest score was under "Clarity of Audio" which I agree and disagree on because only the beginning had a stumble, but I don't really believe it deserved our lowest score. The confines that came with this project like wind, the iPad, and some windy areas we worked around. We moved around to find the quietest place to film our audio. The cameraman/women would use the shooting stances to make the footage more steady. I think our team could've had more visual shots to increase our production value of our finished video.
TAGS:
ACO 7.1 Analyze the beneficial effects that safe and healthy work habits have on productivity that improve workplace efficiency.
ACO 7.2 Apply practices to maintain a safe and healthy work environment in relation to careers in the Arts and Communication Pathway.

2 comments:

  1. Great job, Anijah! I really admire how you went into detail and were very clear about what grade you thought you and your team deserved for each category. I'm glad you were able to learn about shot locations and dealing with confines of projects. I'm giving you a 4/4, which is Expert, because of how well you followed the guidelines and the high quality of your work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Makena. You did a great job. I love that you added what you thought your team deserved for each category. I'm glad that you were bold enough to list yourself as the hardest worker in your team. Your script looks really well planned out and thought out. I'd also give this blog post an Expert. You made everything flow together well and made it sound real professional. Great job!

    ReplyDelete