Thursday, September 7, 2017

Audio Production



Intonation and inflection can be used to maintain the interest of my audience by making the words more interesting to listen to instead of having a robot voice. Intonation is the rise and fall of the voice in speaking. Keeping my voice in one volume would make the audience bored, but when I bring it up and down to add depth to my voice the audience would become more intrigued in what I'm saying. Inflection is the stress in a word being said. Having stress on certain words would make the audience listen more. For example, instead of saying "Your prize is $1,000 plus a new car," a game show host would exaggerate some words like, "Your prize is $1,000 PLUS a new car!" In this assignment I am a vocal talent and my roles is to come up with a part to say from different information and rehearse my part for the radio broadcast. The rehearsal process is very important before recording the entire script in one take because we need to know our part and make sure we can pronounce words correctly. Teammates would have to rely on you for making sure you have your point down for recording.

From the critique we had most of our votes in the "Clarity of Speaker's Voices" category.  We did really well in making the audience stay in tuned and the specific message I think was given throughout our audio. We kept the audience intrigued by using intonation. One obstacle I had to face was saying the word "certification",which was hard to overcome. Once my team leader said the word a couple of times I was able to say it with all confidence. If my team was able to redo this project I think we could do the audio better. We sent in the audio we made on the first try which was the best we could after that we messed up big time. I think we could've done better, but the nerves got to us after our first try.

TAG:
ACO 5.1 Apply problem-solving techniques to create deliverables that address the needs of a client or target audience.

2 comments:

  1. WOW, Anijah, I'm very impressed with your reflection... I especially like your prize example PLUS a neeeewwww CAR! I'm also glad you were able to overcome the struggle with pronouncing "certification". Great work!

    ReplyDelete