Tuesday, August 22, 2017

Market Shifts


A market is when someone advertises or promotes a product. Markets can shift over time because of technology in many ways like for example, how people in the business do their work. In the Arts, Audio/Video, Technology and Communication industry many things have changed over the years. For example, the news used to have only a couple ways to get the news, either watching from a T.V system or listening to the radio. Now receiving the news is as easy as getting an app on any device that you choose. Another example, is the development of devices from having a wall phone to a pocket size screen that has many uses. The company "Apple" have been upgrading their iPhones since their first iPod came out and now they have an iPhone 7, which is a huge difference than the iPod. These changes affect many different companies like the newspaper or Samsung.

After taking the survey and seeing my results, my top skills are reading comprehension and active listening.  For the reading comprehension I could be be an editor of writing or I can develop story content ideas. A career that uses active listening is an air traffic controller, which informs pilots about incoming planes. A skill I need to improve would be science, which I think will open up more job opportunities. The skill that would make me most successful in my opinion is active listening because using the skill of listening jobs would become easier to find. As the market shifts continuously, using my top skills would help me become better at my job and more productive.

TAGS:
ACO 2.1 Analyze how shifts in market affect changes to media and design.
ACO 2.2 Evaluate how changing communication needs of a market are addressed by media and design.
ACO 2.3 Propose media and design solutions that address the changing needs in global markets.

2 comments:

  1. Fantastic work, Anijah! Do you still have a wall phone and television cable in your house or has your family "cut the cord" yet? Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks and this comment made my day :)

      Delete