Monday, August 14, 2017

Communication Strategies


When communicating with different audiences my communication changes depending on who I'm talking to. For example, I sound more professional talking to my teacher than I do talking to my friends because I use slang or "pidgin". I feel most comfortable or most understood by my best friend Angel because she understands what I talk about. When I'm feeling down she becomes very supportive and she'll help me out emotionally. To improve my communication in the areas of my life where I'm least comfortable or misunderstood, I would talk to those who misunderstood me and maybe help them understand how I feel or what I meant. For me talking more with those people will build the comfortability with communicating.

For my first career cluster I got arts, audio-video technology and communication. The job I might be getting into is visual designing the commercials for a product or movie. This career cluster needs people who are highly skilled in their profession, which is editing media. I feel I would be able to learn more and become highly skilled. The second career cluster is finance which is planning and providing incite for the clients investments. The job I would probably be doing is planning and helping clients make decisions depending on their needs and wants. Being competitive is a a big part of having this job because of other companies, I feel I have this skill.

TAGS:
ACO 4.1: Devise communication strategies to promote individual accountability and team success.
ACO 4.2: Use effective oral, written, and non-verbal communication skills to facilitate positive interactions.
ACO 4.3: Apply appropriate interpersonal skills to establish positive and sustained relationships with clients.

3 comments:

  1. Hi.. Some things we have in common are that we both like to use slang/ pidgin when talking to our friends and we both turn to our best friends when we need someone talk to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also believe that talking more with those that had misunderstood me would actually help clear up the misunderstanding and that they would know who you really are instead of what they thought of you previously.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Psyched I finally found your URL, Anijah! Looking like you've got a solid handle on this class' expectations for quality of completion. Keep it up ;)

    ReplyDelete