Monday, January 14, 2019

ALD 4.0 - Cinemagraphs

A Cinemagraph is a blend of photo and video to have an illusion of stopped time while one element is moving in a looping action undetectable to the viewer. A video used to make this project work is a video with one focus of motion so editing can be accomplished. To compose a cinemagraph first a cinemagraph needs to be shot as a video. Second, freezing unwanted movement. Third, edit the movement so it is in an undetectable loop. Lastly, publish the finished piece. An improvement for this project would be having more experience. A strength would be the knowledge we have received before starting our first cinemagraph and make it look pretty cool for our first try.

For my second attempt, I have my sister sitting on a stone wall just looking out away from the camera. There is going to be some sort of action in the background that is frozen so it looks like a photo. The only moving part is going to be something connected to her body. I am going to use a handheld tripod that I have at home to make this video as still as possible. Later I am going to edit the cinemagraph using "Final Cut Pro" to finish this project. With some help from team members, I can make sure it has a smooth loop.
My second cinemagraph came out how I wanted it to. I believe it is better than the first one I made since that was my first try. For my third and final try, I have to pay more attention to the details on what is happening behind the moving subject. In my last cinemagraph, I am going to have my cat laying down being a cat. He will be frozen in time while my dog is barking in the background. I will use the ground as a stable natural tripod to keep my video steady so the cinemagraph will have the best quality for illusion.
My third cinemagraph came out just how I wanted. I had a few bumps in the process. For example, I couldn't make the loop smooth enough, my dog would leap from one position to the next noticeably. I fixed the problem with success. The purpose of a cinemagraph is to capture an audience with something more unique than just a photo or video. Anyone can have a photo of a person jumping, but with a cinemagraph it adds a little more animation to a freeze shot. After getting the results on the critique I agree with what came out of it because according to the rubric I believe I rank as a "Expert" on my third cinemagraph. The third cinemagraph was creative and unique it also came together perfectly with editing, though it was challenging.
TAGS:
ALD 4.1: Evaluate diverse processes of forming and conveying a targeted message.
ALD 4.2: Compare and contrast how various audiences perceive digital media to anticipate desired reactions and responses.

3 comments:

  1. Hey Anijiah! I just wanted to say that really you're good at Cinemagrpahs, especially with the last cinema you did. It was my favorite. It was really creative and I liked how you were able to get your dog in the ground to keep moving and barking in place to make it look like its an illusion of movement back and forth. Keep up the good work! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you so much! It took a lot of work!

      Delete
  2. Your ideas for your last two cinemagraphs are very unique and executed very well. Excellent job!

    ReplyDelete